Admission to Alcuin Montessori School is open to children birth to 14 years, as of September 1 on the year of admission. Priority consideration is given to siblings of current students and to children with prior Montessori experience.
The Primary (3-6 years), Junior Elementary (6-9 years), Senior Elementary (9-12 years) and Middle School (12-14 years) are all multi-age classrooms. These classrooms generally stay together with the same teacher throughout a three-year cycle.
Admission is most appropriate in the first year of the program, as older children act as role models and mentors to younger children and it may be difficult for an older child without a Montessori background to enter the classroom as a "new" student. However, successful transitions are possible and we welcome applications from families new to Montessori, space permitting.
All children 3 years and older will have an interview with a teacher prior to admission. No interview is required for student applying to the Parent/Infant and Toddler programs. Children entering the Primary program are usually scheduled for an interview in late winter/early spring. Older children applying spend a day in the classroom, and the visit also includes a interview with a teacher.
All children who have previously attended other schools should arrange to have copies of records transferred to Alcuin prior to scheduling of an interview. Please complete our records transfer form and submit a copy to all prior schools within the past two years. All records must come directly from the school.
The Admission Process
- Attend a tour (Parent/Infant through Elementary in main campus; Middle School at Gale House campus).
- Complete an application and send it to the school.
- Have your child attend an interview, or visit for the day (depending on their age/program).
- Request records from prior schools, if applicable.
- Alcuin will contact the family following the interview regarding acceptance.
- Parents will receive a contract; please complete and return with tuition deposit within specified time.
- Any financial aid information (if applicable) will be provided following receipt of the contract and deposit.
- Class placement generally takes place in June.
If you have any questions about admissions or space availability, please contact our Director of Advancement and Admissions, Alejandra Valera.