Admission to Alcuin Montessori School is open to children 6 weeks to 14 years. Priority consideration is given to siblings of current students and to children with prior Montessori experience.
The Infant (6 weeks-14 months), Toddler (15 months-35 months), Primary (3-6 years), Junior Elementary (6-9 years), Senior Elementary (9-12 years) and Middle School (12-14 years) are all multi-age classrooms. The Primary through Senior Elementary classrooms generally stay together with the same teacher throughout a three-year cycle.
Admission is most appropriate in the first year of the program, as older children act as role models and mentors to younger children and it may be difficult for an older child without a Montessori background to enter the classroom as a "new" student. However, successful transitions are possible and we welcome applications from families new to Montessori, space permitting. All children 3 years and older will have an interview with a teacher prior to admission.
All children who have previously attended other schools should arrange to have copies of records transferred to Alcuin prior to scheduling of an interview. Please complete our records release form and submit a copy to all prior schools within the past two years. All records must come directly from the school.
Due to COVID-19, and in order to keep our children and faculty safe, all campus tours will be conducted virtually. Click for infant and toddler tour, or our tour programs for ages 3 to 14.
For the 2021-2022 School Year
Enrollment is looked at on a monthly basis. For example, if you are hoping to begin in December, you will be contact in November. At that time, you will be notified whether or not a space is available or if what number you are on the waitlist. Applications are looked at in order received.
Primary (Ages 3-6)
We currently have a waitlist for our Primary program with the possibility of spaces opening up in August. If you would like to be on the waitlist, please submit your application.
Elementary (Ages 6-14)
We are currently accepting applications for our Junior and Senior Elementary, and our Middle School. Once you submit your application, we will be in contact to schedule an interview.
The Admission Process
- Take our virtual tour. All tours are currently being conducted virtually.
- If you are applying for the Redwood Literacy at Alcuin, you must set up an intake consultation.
- Complete an application and send it to the school.
- Have your child attend an interview (depending on their age/program).
- Request records from prior schools, if applicable.
- Alcuin will contact the family following the interview regarding acceptance.
- Once parents receive a contract, please complete and return with tuition deposit within specified time.
- Any financial aid information (if applicable) will be provided following receipt of the contract and deposit.
- Class placement (for Primary and Junior Elementary) generally takes place in July.