Admission to Alcuin Montessori School is open to children 6 weeks to 14 years. Priority consideration is given to siblings of current students and to children with prior Montessori experience.
The Infant (6 weeks-14 months), Toddler (15 months-35 months), Primary (3-6 years), Junior Elementary (6-9 years), Senior Elementary (9-12 years) and Middle School (12-14 years) are all multi-age classrooms.
Admission is most appropriate in the first year of the program, as older children act as role models and mentors to younger children and it may be difficult for an older child without a Montessori background to enter the classroom as a new student. However, successful transitions are possible and we welcome applications from families new to Montessori, space permitting. All children 3 years and older will have an interview with a teacher prior to admission. Families must also have an interview with a member of the admissions team.
All children who have previously attended other schools should arrange to have copies of records transferred to Alcuin prior to scheduling of an interview. Please complete our records release form and submit a copy to all prior schools within the past two years. All records must come directly from the school. For Redwood @ Alcuin admissions, please refer to that page.
All campus tours will be conducted virtually for the time being. Click for infant and toddler tour, or our tour programs for ages 3 to 14.
For the 2023-2024 School Year
Infant/Toddler Program - Currently Accepting Applications (Rolling Admissions)
Enrollment is ongoing and looked at on a monthly basis. For example, if you are hoping to begin in December, you will be contacted in November. At that time, you will be notified whether or not a space is available or if your application will be rolled over to the next month and remain on the wait list. We currently have a wait list for ages 6-35 months and do not anticipate any openings for at least a year and a half to two years for those ages. We do have openings coming up in May, June and July for infants.
Primary (Ages 3-6) - Accepting Applications for the '23-'24 School Year
We are currently full for the AYM program and have very few spaces left for the Primary half-day program.
Elementary (Ages 6-14) - Accepting Applications for the '23-'24 School Year
We are currently full for our Senior El program, and are still accepting applications for Junior El.
Middle School (Ages 12-14) - Accepting Applications for the '23-'24 School Year
We are still accepting application for the Middle School program.
The Admission Process
- Take our virtual tour. All tours are currently being conducted virtually.
- If you are interested in our Redwood Literacy program, the Redwood pipeline for admissions begins with an inquiry call or email with Redwood. Please reach out to email@example.com.
- Print and complete an application, and send it to the school along with the non-refundable $100 application fee (which makes your application active.)
- Request records from prior schools, if applicable, before your interview.
- Attend an interview or shadow day.
- Alcuin will contact the family following the interview regarding acceptance.
- Once parents receive a contract, please complete and return with tuition deposit within specified time.
- Any financial aid information (if applicable) will be provided following receipt of the contract and deposit.
- Class placement (for Primary and Junior Elementary) generally takes place in July.
- Official transcripts must be received within 14 days of enrollment.