Admission to Alcuin Montessori School is open to children 6 weeks to 14 years. Priority consideration is given to siblings of current students and to children with prior Montessori experience.
The Infant (6 weeks-14 months), Toddler (15 months-35 months), Primary (3-6 years), Junior Elementary (6-9 years), Senior Elementary (9-12 years) and Middle School (12-14 years) are all multi-age classrooms.
Admission is most appropriate in the first year of the program, as older children act as role models and mentors to younger children and it may be difficult for an older child without a Montessori background to enter the classroom as a new student. However, successful transitions are possible and we welcome applications from families new to Montessori, space permitting. All children 3 years and older will have an interview with a teacher prior to admission. Families must also have an interview with a member of the admissions team.
All children who have previously attended other schools should arrange to have copies of records transferred to Alcuin prior to scheduling of an interview. Please complete our records release form and submit a copy to all prior schools within the past two years. All records must come directly from the school.
Due to COVID-19, and in order to keep our children and faculty safe, all campus tours will be conducted virtually for the time being. Click for infant and toddler tour, or our tour programs for ages 3 to 14.
For the 2022-2023 School Year
Enrollment is looked at on a monthly basis. For example, if you are hoping to begin in December, you will be contact in November. At that time, you will be notified whether or not a space is available or if what number you are on the wait list. Applications are looked at in order received. We currently have a wait list for ages 9-35 months and do not anticipate any openings for at least a year and a half. Infant spaces (9 months and younger) will begin to open in November, 2022. Please keep in mind, that we do currently have applications on the wait list for both programs.
Primary (Ages 3-6)
We are currently full for the Primary and Primary All-Year Program.
Elementary (Ages 6-14)
We are currently full for the elementary program.
Middle School (Ages 12-14)
We are currently accepting applications for the Middle School. Once you submit your application, we will be in contact to schedule an interview.
The Admission Process
- Take our virtual tour. All tours are currently being conducted virtually.
- If you are interested in our Redwood Literacy program, the Redwood pipeline for admissions begins with an inquiry call or email with Kait Feriante. Please contact Kait at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print and complete an application, and send it to the school along with the non-refundable $100 application fee (which makes your application active.)
- Request records from prior schools, if applicable, prior to your interview.
- Have your family attend an interview.
- Alcuin will contact the family following the interview regarding acceptance.
- Once parents receive a contract, please complete and return with tuition deposit within specified time.
- Any financial aid information (if applicable) will be provided following receipt of the contract and deposit.
- Class placement (for Primary and Junior Elementary) generally takes place in July.
- Transcripts must be received within 14 days of enrollment.